Unprecedented demands on global supply chains are stretching capacity utilisation requirements of our critical infrastructure assets, plant and machinery. Assets fail due to a multitude of reasons and to various extents. Understanding the root cause of failure is critically important in developing the appropriate asset management solution, and/or understanding stakeholder responsibilities.
Forensic and Materials Investigations
Helping organisations understand problems, root-cause, and next steps
Our point of difference:
Our forensic engineering and testing services is made up of teams with more than 50 years of collective experience delivering investigations and expert advice surrounding failures in design, fabrication, construction and operational scenarios. We utilise deep insights to enhance structural mechanics and overcome asset maintenance issues, assisting asset owners in mitigating risks whilst short, medium and long term solutions are developed and deployed.
What we can deliver:
- Material science laboratory testing
- Laboratory material microstructure examination, including Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) and Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM)
- Linear elastic fracture mechanics
- Fatigue life assessments
- Concrete durability assessments and mechanical properties testing
- Sample collection field services
- Repair maintenance planning and reports
- Root cause failure analysis (RCA)
- Expert advice/witness for insurance and litigation