Rapid decarbonisation demands require our societies to prolong the life of civil infrastructure where it is safe and practical to do so. Repurposing existing assets or designing new infrastructure with novel and/or recycled materials, reduces load on our environment. Advanced Tier 3 and 4, plausibility and probabilistic assessments are becoming more frequently required to manage these assets safely.
Bridges, Civil and Marine Structures
Future-focussed infrastructure design and advice
Our point of difference:
Our team has been assessing bridges, jetties and wharves, and designing mechanically stabilised earth (MSE) walls, culverts and buried metals structures, for a combined total of more than 50 years. We understand that traffic loads are increasing in both magnitude and frequency, in response to society’s evolving needs. In a resource constrained world, we employ a future-focussed, innovative, and cost-effective approach to optimise the lifecycle of these assets.
What we can deliver:
- Tactical and strategic asset management planning, including feasibility studies, construction cost estimation and scheduling activities, and options analyses
- Bridge design assessments and load ratings
- Structure degradation studies, inspections and design
- Bridge Independent Design Verification (IDV)
- Structures temporary works design
- Buried structure design, assessments and remedial design
- Mechanically stabilised earth (MSE) retaining wall design and assessments
- Port structure design including wharves, jetties and approach bridges
- On-shore and off-shore asset management manual and plan development
- Structural health monitoring